Monday, July 4, 2016

Thoughts about Protective Styles

Why do you protective style? I do it because I don't want to have to do my hair every day. I'm lazy that way and I'm ok with it. I got together with some girlfriends and hair as usual came up and the topic was protective styling. We discussed if it was necessary for hair growth because some many blogs and websites are saying no. 

One of my friends like me is just lazy. We don't want to do our hair every day and so we do styles that last longer. My go to is 2 strand twists. I love them. It takes me about 4 hours to do my hair myself but in the end it's worth it. My lazy friend wears a lot of braids. She wears it up for 1-2 months and then takes it down and let's her hair breath for a while and then back up again. 

One of my friends believes it's truly the only way her hair will grow. She wears her own hair in braids for maybe a month. I don't know how she does it because the frizz would drive me nuts. Her hair never looks frizzy though and I hate her for it but not really. She has beautiful hair and it's about shoulder length now.

My final friend has beautiful healthy hair that she keeps about medium length because she doesn't want long hair and I respect her for that. Not every one wants long hair remember my sister loves her fade and it looks great on her. Anyway my friend has gorgeous curls and doesn't protective style at all. She feels no need to  because her hair continues to grow and she keeps it  cut to the length she likes.

It's all about your preferences.

I will be posting my before and after pictures from my first month of exercise and hair grow challenge.  I'm looking slimmer and my hair is a little longer. I had to make adjustments to my hair growth options which will be explained another time

No comments:

Post a Comment