Tuesday, July 5, 2016

A short rant

Me being a woman I sometimes just don't understand some other women's motives. What motivates you to be mean and hateful towards another woman's hair. I just don't understand. I'm pretty impartial but I have to admit that it drives me nuts when women have long beautiful hair but hide it behind weaves. I understand why some my do it but it annoys me. I don't go around talking trash about that woman (you know who you are).

In the grocery store just recently one woman complimented me on my hair I said thank you and just as I was about to move on to get what else I needed I hear a snarky comment saying its really hard trying to look beautiful with such short hair. I turned smiled and said "That just goes to show how much you know about your own texture because if you knew anything you would understand shrinkage." I pulled one of my curls down to just past my shoulder turned and then left. I could have called her out because she was wearing a weave but its not my mission to shame a woman for her hair choices.

Why can't we as a community build each other up? We see it all the time on tv. Influential women kicking, punching, biting and slinging drinks at each other. I just don't get it. If you are struggling with your hair be it natural, relaxed or weaved I want you to feel like you can read the crazy crap that I rant about and feel ok about you. In the words of Steve Harvey We are the prize. Women. I don't care if your hair is straight, wavy, curly, or nappy just celebrate the best you.

Just remember you need no ones approval for how you wear your hair. If you love it then I love it. If you decided to shave it off tomorrow then do it. We only get one go around with this thing called life and you don't want something as simple as hair to hold you back. It can and will grow back.

My rant is over and I know I was all over the place but forgive me, its my first day back to work after vacation and things went to hell and hour into my shift.

No comments:

Post a Comment