Saturday, July 23, 2016

That damn dry itchy scalp

Its no secret that I have an issue with dry scalp. It itches like mad. At one point before I started my current shampooing situation my scalp was so dry and flaky it was white. My scalp was a huge mess and completely angry with me. 

Everyone keeps saying did you put enough grease on your scalp and I have to tell them grease don't always help with dryness. It especially didn't help with the type of dryness I was experiencing. Heat would cause a lot of itching. My scalp would be sore from the scratching. At one point I had to ice my scalp is one particular section because it hurt so bad.  I was at a point where I wanted to cut all of my hair off and cry.  It might not seem like a big thing to other people but I was in hell. It was so hard living in Florida there is tons of heat and heat seemed to be like the lighter fluid that started the fire of itchiness in my scalp. 

I was shopping at the body shop and found ginger shampoo. Ginger has many healing properties and let me tell you that soothing scalp is one of them. It can help with digestion, nausea, the common cold and the flu. Ginger also helps with muscle pain and soreness, it can reduce chances of heart disease, and helps with cramping. I will add a website link that shows all of the uses of ginger at the bottom as well as pictures of the ginger shampoo as well as the tea tree and peppermint shampoo.

I actually mixed the two but I have to let you all know that the ginger shampoo is NOT sulfate free. My scalp stopped itching so I really don't care that it isn't sulfate free. I still have some dryness that I'm working out but my scalp isn't sore any more and it doesn't itch half as much. My favorite part is I don't have flakes every where just because I move my head. I've only used this shampoo concoction twice and each time it gets better. 

I got the peppermint tea tree shampoo from Walmart but not every wally world has one. My particular store stopped selling it so I have to go to Sally's Beauty Supply. As usual I hope this helps someone somewhere.  I will add the links to the shampoos as well just in case you don't have easy access to the products. Any questions feel free to ask

Ginger Benefits
https://authoritynutrition.com/11-proven-benefits-of-ginger/

Ginger shampoo
http://www.thebodyshop-usa.com/hair-care-products/hair-top-rated/ginger-scalp-care-shampoo.aspx

Eden Products tea tree and peppermint shampoo
http://www.sallybeauty.com/peppermint-hair-oil/SBS-649350,default,pd.html?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=SHO&cm_mmc=google-_-SHO-_-cpc-_-keyword&gclid=CjwKEAjwq8y8BRCstYTm8qeT9mwSJACZGjUkZGyJz21mI5WuAMRAI7kXytwnGiheEWEznQo728AU_xoC6efw_wcB



No comments:

Post a Comment