Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Hair Growth

I've been reading a lot of articles about stimulating hair growth and I've read a lot of different things. This post is going to explain the things I've read and what I'm actually going to try and for how long.

The thing I hear about the most is taking pills. The hairfinity or the biotin pills. Less just face it hairfinity is just more expensive biotin and other vitamins put together. I personally don't like biotin. I looked like I was just reaching puberty with the amount of acne I got. I was told to increase my water intake and I did and nothing changed. I didn't really notice a difference in my hair but my skin was not happy. If this works for you then keep it up but it didn't work for me.

The next thing would be drinking more water. This one is hard for me because I do a lot of driving. I'm a field service tech so I'm driving from place to place and you don't want to use just any bathroom. I did need to increase my water intake because I started working out again. If you are driving a lot like I do (500+ miles a week) then you need to find dedicated restrooms that you know will be clean because you will be peeing A LOT. I try to at minimum get the recommended 8 cups a day. I don't always do it and I don't expect everyone to be able to do it either but I say give it shot. I will.

To piggy back off what I just said about the water I'm increasing my exercise. I'm 5 ft 4 inches and I weigh 172 pounds.  I'm considered overweight border line obese. I read an article that said increasing exercise will increase blood flow which includes to the scalp which stimulates hair growth. I'm not trying to get back to 120 pounds, I think I want to cap it around 150 which means I have 22 pounds to go. I'm going to start off slow because I have a foot thing and blah blah blah.

There's always the usual stuff like less manipulation, trimming the ends, and working in sections. I already do those things and will continue to do them. I only get the ends trimmed once a year. I feel that's all I really need. My cousin goes every 6 months. These are just suggestions because you know your hair better than anyone. If you don't know your hair then check with a stylist you trust. You can't just go to anyone. I've spoke to stylists who are afraid of natural hair so remember to ask questions.

The last thing I got for you is using oils for your hair. All of my friends know that I'm crazy about using pumpkin seed oil. Its my go to oil. It works best for me. I read where women say they do scalp massages with warm coconut oil once a week about 45 mins before a wash. I find that interesting because I just did the hair detox from shea butter and such. I was never a coconut oil user so I'm not really sure if it works. I think I'm going to give this one a shot for 3 months and see if there is a difference.

I'm going to do this starting June 4th to Sept 3rd. On that day I will post before and after photos. I'm going to do full body shots to give myself more motivation to actually work out because I'm lazy. The next topic will be on a debate I saw on tv regarding natural hair vs relaxers vs weaves. I'm going to express my opinion openly and if anyone feels any different let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment