Saturday, May 28, 2016

Braids and other weaves

For the past month I have been wearing braids. I've learned one very important thing my scalp hates me when I wear any extra hair. For a long time I had no issues but now my scalp itches like crazy. No one could say that I didn't moisturize my hair because I did and often but my scalp was inflamed and unhappy. 

You name it I used it. I did manage to get a half inch of new growth out of the deal but still the trauma my scalp went through was nuts. I know trauma is a very dramatic word but almost every day was torture. My scalp was constantly itching and red and nothing made it better with the exception of just regular water. I even washed the hair before use and it didn't help at all. My hair is getting longer so I guess I can do without the extra hair anyways. 

The other thing I can't deal with anymore is sew ins. I learned how to do them myself about 5 years ago with a lot of practice and now I do them for my mom every now and again. I can't deal with it, I need access to my scalp. When my hair is done in these protective styles with additional hair its just painful. I've officially decided to give up on it. I'm thinking I might be allergic to the hair. I've tried human hair and synthetic hair and its all a pain in the ass. 

I'm not saying this to discourage anyone I'm just sharing my experience. I'm all for protective styling but there's a limit for me. I wish anyone the best of luck

No comments:

Post a Comment